The benefits of B2B marketing automation are many, like time savings, lead nurturing, and increased conversions.
Marketing materials become digital breadcrumbs, leading people the right message at their own pace. Automated marketing campaigns are powerful tools for moving audiences through the sales funnel.
In this blog, we’re covering:
- What marketing automation is
- Benefits of B2B marketing automation
- B2B marketing automation examples
- How to start using marketing automation
WHAT IS MARKETING AUTOMATION
Put simply, marketing automation is software that enables automated marketing.
Its marketing materials made visible to qualified people, at the right time and place. The best part is, with tools like lead scoring, these people qualify themselves. With marketing automation, contacts become leads, and leads become marketing qualified leads - just by interacting with marketing materials.
WHAT MARKETING AUTOMATION CAN DO FOR B2B BUSINESSES
25% of B2B Fortune 500 companies are already using marketing automation, according to the Pardot report, State of Demand Generation.
But what can online marketing automation really do? Marketing automation goes beyond email - it integrates with your digital strategy. With lead nurturing, you can serve the right content at the right time. You can automate drip campaigns or repetitive, daily tasks like internal emails, lead scoring, and sending leads to the sales team.
CONTENT MARKETING AUTOMATION CAPABILITIES
- Lead behavior: close more deals by using lead behavior to customize emails and other content.
- Lead nurturing: send the right message, at the right time, to move audiences through the sales funnel
- Lead scoring: assign score values to marketing materials. As audiences access consume more content, their lead score increases and they qualify themselves.
BENEFITS OF B2B MARKETING AUTOMATION
- Reduce marketing man-hours and increased efficiency
- Aligns sales and marketing departments
- Identify which marketing materials are successful
- Qualify more leads
- Increase closed leads
- Monitor marketing ROI
B2B MARKETING AUTOMATION EXAMPLES
The complexity of automated marketing campaigns can vary. Below are some examples that range in scale:
- Automate social media messages, news articles, and email releases
- Send automated newsletters with pre-generated content
- Send follow-up emails after someone downloads a brochure
- Extend offers for webinars, free trials, and product demos
- Upsell by sending automated offers to current customers
- Automated website live chat to gain leads
- Notify sales when leads visit certain webpages
- New customer onboarding – perfect for SaaS companies
- Churn reduction with discounts and other content offers
HOW TO START USING MARKETING AUTOMATION
Want to kickstart online marketing automation for your company? Talk to Axiom. We're offering free marketing consultations - we can point you to some of our favorite marketing automation vendors and platforms (we’re HubSpot-certified).